Wednesday 4 July 2012

First Entry - 4th July 2012

I'm taking my very first baby step into the world of blogging, motivated by some of the fine blogs Ive stumbled across on my world wide web travels.

Described by some as a silver surfer, though I prefer to think of myself as a savvy surfer, I embraced the internet about 10 years ago and soon went from making the odd purchase on Ebay to becoming a full-time seller with the invaluable help of my husband, Mike.

Our Ebay Store

Now with over 3,700 positive feedbacks, accumulated over the past few years - with not one negative, I'm rather proud to claim,  I have found that, for all its faults, Ebay has provided our business, Owl Cottage Collectables,  with a worldwide clientele from all walks of life and cultures.

What they, and we, share in common is a love of all things vintage.  

Whether it be a high end antique or an upcycled preloved piece of furniture, it is not only far more environmentally friendly than something bought new on the high street, but has an individuality and charm that simply cant be replicated - offering the new owner something which is unique to them.

From our cottage in Cambridgeshire, we enjoy foraging at antique fairs, auction houses and sometimes the odd car boot sale in order to rescue and restore vintage finds to their resplendent best.


I love transforming the odd piece thanks to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and am fast discovering my favourite shades and effects, though would never dream of painting anything which would be devalued as a result.  Here are a few of my past projects and, with the aid of this blog, will add future finds and restorations as and when, as well as a daily journal.



No comments:

Post a Comment