Monday 16 July 2012

I get a rare Morning off

I visited my nearest stockist of Annie Sloan paint yesterday, Lavender Blue in St Albans, a lovely shop full of shabby chic items,  and chose Old Ochre, a very pale cream, for my next project, a 20th Century dressing table with beautiful triple mirrors.

However, priorities first -  to start the week: hairdressers and a girlie morning with my daughter today.

I left Mike building a huge box which he had to adapt to fit a shabby chic large wall shelf unit. He was just completing the packaging when I arrived back after lunch. It was a remarkable feat of engineering to protect the item from a battering when in transit. I tried all the online couriers for the best quote and found I had greatly underestimated the cost of shipping this. I therefore decided to use Anyvan.com, a brilliant website where couriers will bid against each other for the business. I managed to get a quote which was less than Parcelforce, DHL etc., though still more than I had charged.  However, it is being collected  in the morning and as the size of this parcel is over a metre in length, it will be a relief to wave it on its way.

This afternoon I just had time to list a few small items as well as a pine twin pedestal desk. I would liked to have painted this, but decided it would appeal to those preferring natural pine and I have soooo much to paint after our Saturday foray at the auction.

Often buyers ask me how I can part with some of my items. I bought something on Saturday which I have decided not to part with - a lovely Arts & Crafts spinning chair with poker work decoration including owls, the symbol for our business, named after our cottage. Perfect for my shop window when it opens!

Loved my Bo Peep sheep footstool which was an unusual find. Retailing at £89, I am pleased to be able to offer this at less than half price - not only a bargain for someone but a real quirky conversation piece for the home.

Please feel free to browse our latest listings by clicking on the following link.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Owl-Cottage-Collectables

No comments:

Post a Comment